- 10-14 months
- Face to Face Class – Fortnight
- Workshop – Weekly
- Virtual Class – Alternate Fortnight
- Work placement 120 hours (on the job practical learning)
- Face to face instruction
- Virtual classroom sessions
- Workshop days
- Simulated learning in TME’s Healthcare
- Self-directed learning
- On the job practical
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Hold a Current National Police Check
- Hold Certificate of Annual Flu Vaccination
(or be prepared to obtain one prior to
- LLN levels LLN will be assessed prior to
This course is suitable for people who have either.
• established skills within a support role in residential aged care or community services, or
• have some experience and /or interest in this field.
This program guides the learner through the development and demonstration of critical theory and practical knowledge to provide exceptional service to clients in the Aged Care sector.
It will provide learners with the skills required to work effectively and independently within this sector
TME’s state of the art Healthcare Simulated Learning Facility provides learners with stimulating and practical learning experiences, developing real skills that are directly and immediately transferable to the workplace.
This well-rounded learning environment, plus our trainer’s intimate understanding of the sector and its needs will ensure the learner’s capabilities meet the industry standards.
As well as the core skills necessary to be an effective worker in the sector at the moment, the program focuses on developing self-confidence by equipping the learner with enhanced communication tools, creative lateral thinking and problem-solving skills, and fostering the student transition from the learning environment to employment.
Through a combination of face to face and online virtual classes, supported
by practical workplace activities, learners will develop the skills needed to;
√ carry out activities related to maintaining an individual’s wellbeing through personal care
and activities of daily living.
√ provide services to individuals with complex needs, and/or work with groups of older people.
√ report to service managers and liaise with professionals and other service providers.
√ support and promote independence and community participation.
This qualification consists of 18 units
*Indicates core units
1. HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems *
2. HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care *
3. CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people *
4. CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being *
5. CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs*
6. CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people *
7. CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia *
8. HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
9. CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families *
10. HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and
11. CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance *
12. CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people *
13. CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk *
14. CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach *
15. CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery *
16. CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients *
17. CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative
18. CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with a disability
The next intake is 1st September @Ringwood
Trainees will be introduced to the
course, delivery and assessment methods,
and expectations and rights of trainees prior
to course commencement.
All trainees are expected to comply with
worksite WHS procedures and policies during
practical activities. Safety procedures in the
classroom will be explained at the commencement of the course.
- Written/Verbal Questions
- Workplace Practical/Simulation Tasks
- Workplace Observation
- Verbal Interview
- Third Party Report
- Textbook and Reference Guide
- Other Ad hoc resources
RPL & Credit Transfer: Students who believe they have sufficient past experience to demonstrate full competence against particular units may apply for RPL using the forms and processes available from the TME office. Students may apply for credit transfer for any units completed in prior qualifications, including for the elective units.
Workplace Training: Programs can be customised to meet individual or workplace requirements. On the job training and assessment activities are built into our programs to benefit employers and enable learners to develop relevant workplace skills.
We actively tailor training for people from diverse backgrounds, including those with disabilities, and encourage all to apply.
Why study aged care ?
With an ageing population this is an ever growing industry offering career pathways and expanding job opportunities.
Passionate about caring for people ,make it your profession. Learn with our professional trainers .
Jane-Ellen Mountford leads our Community Services team teaching aged care , disability support and community care.
We provide training in all areas that come under these banners including up to date First Aid and the latest infection prevention and control course.
Jane-Ellen regularly attends conferences, is a member of the leading organisations and associations in the sector and keeps updated with all changes across these fields.
She literally has a lifetime of experience with her parents owning and operating aged care homes in the 1970s-1990s. With this background, Jane-Ellen learnt from a young age dignity and respect for all.
After pursuing a career in nursing, holding many senior positions, in 2012 Jane-Ellen turned her passion, skills and knowledge into teaching others and helping to create a valued and dynamic workforce.
The Covid Pandemic has highlighted the need for change, we at TME health care are going to pioneer a new pathway for both clients and workers in aged care
You may also be interested in
This course is aligned to the national skill sets around Infection Control. The emphasis is on developing skills in staff to implement proper cleaning and infection control systems in workplaces. This is critical to ensure the workplace does not become the source of new outbreaks.
Take your career to the next level with a qualification in Aged Care.
Got Questions? Want us to call you? Make a Course Enquiry Now !