Skilling For Recovery (SFR) – Fee Free Training
Skilling for Recovery is the NSW initiative for the delivery of JobTrainer funding in NSW. The program is designed to help job seekers, underemployed or returning to work employees retrain or up-skill and support school leavers entering the workforce for the first time. It will provide a combination of short and long courses at no cost.
” There are more than 100,000 fee-free training places available for people in NSW as the workforce looks to reskill, retrain and redeploy in a post COVID-19 economy ” Gladys Berejoklian .
Eligibility Requirements for the NSW training subsidy
What is SFR?
Skilling for Recovery fee-free training Program, part of JobTrainer.
Skilling for Recovery (SFR) is a fee-free training program to encourage people in NSW to get trained with in-demand skills.
This NSW government Incentives Program is for a range of people impacted by the pandemic who are looking for a new career path.
- An Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, and;
- Aged 15 years or older and not at school (excluding home schooled students), and;
- Living or working in NSW.
- Be unemployed (you DO NOT have to be in receipt of any Commonwealth benefits or registered with Centrelink); OR
- Be 17-24 years of age, including 2020 Year 12 School Leavers (regardless of employment status); OR
- Be in receipt of a Commonwealth Government welfare benefit (as specified on the Smart & Skilled funding page); OR
- Be “at risk of unemployment”,
At risk of unemployment?
Be “at risk of unemployment”, which means you are:
- A stood down/Jobkeeper/furloughed employee: employee who has been stood down or employee for whom the employer has a Jobkeeper arrangement in place and is at risk of becoming unemployed, OR;
- A person returning to work (employed for 6 months or less): employed on condition of receiving training to build capacity and capability for the job role. This would be within the first 6 months of employment, OR;
- A low skilled/unskilled employee: existing employee, with or without relevant skills or previous qualification up to Certificate III, that requires training to upskill to secure ongoing employment or future employment, OR:
- A worker in a declining industry: workers at any company in an agreed declining industry who require upskilling/reskilling for redeployment
TME has the following Full Qualifications available under the NSW Skilling For Recovery- Fee Free Training for Jobseekers and other eligible participants
Newcastle and Lake Macquarie
BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CPP30316 Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
BSB30120 Certificate III in Business
Skill Sets available under the Skilling For Recovery – Fee Free Training for Jobseekers and other eligible partcipants
TME has become a recognised leader in the provision of skill set training across a number of industries working in partnership with community stakeholders, employers and tier 1 infrastructure providers. Skill-set based training is somewhat different — it focuses on how to do something specific and results in a learned skill that can be put to immediate use.
If you are thinking of targeting your learning or simply upskilling to maximise your employment opportunities please take a look at the below skillsets and register your EOI quickly as these programs are highly sort after.
Horticulture and Agriculture
*Agricultural Chemical Skill Set
*Statement of Attainment in Horticulture Essentials
*Statement of Attainment in Landscape Essentials
Resources and Infrastructure
*Statement of Attainment in Civil Construction #5
*Statement of Attainment in Construction #2
*Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction #14
*Statement of Attainment in Operate Elevating Work Platform
*Statement of Attainment in Conduct Roller Operations and Operate Small Plant and Equipment
*Statement of Attainment in Civil Construction Plant Operations #2
*Statement of Attainment in Plant Operations and Licensing #2
*Statement of Attainment in Plant Operations and Licensing #3
*Statement of Attainment in Plant Operations
*Traffic Controller Skill Set
*Work Zone Traffic Control – Traffic Controller Skill Set
*Statement of Attainment in Traffic Control
Building and Construction
*Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction (Building) #1
*Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction (Building) #2
*Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction (Concreting)
*Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction (Supervision) #2
Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction (Leadership and Management) #1
*Statement of Attainment in Building and Construction #4
HLTAID003 Porvide First Aid
*Statement of Attainment in Leadership Essentials #1
*Team Leader Skill Set
*Statement of Attainment in Leadership and Management
*Key Management Skill Set
*Statement of Attainment in Leadership Essentials #2
*Statement of Attainment in Project Management
*Statement of Attainment in Customer Engagement
Transport and Logistics
*Statement of Attainment in Transport and Logistics (Existing Workers – Warehousing)
*Statement of Attainment in Transport and Logistics (New Entrant – Warehousing)
*Statement of Attainment in Forklift Licensing Operations
Ready to get started?
or If you’d like to discuss your unique needs or find out how we can help you to enrol the program and receive the subsidy hassle-free, get in touch with our team on 1800 863 863 now!