Summer Skills –
Fee Free Training (Newcastle and Hunter region)
Summer Skills is a new initiative that provides students with free short courses. Students don’t need to worry about the cost of these courses, as they’re all fee-free! The opportunities are endless and the skills you’ll learn will be with you for life.
Eligibility Requirements for the Summer Skills
To be eligible for Summer Skills you must be:
- An Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, and;
- aged 17-24 and have left school.
- Living or working in NSW.
- Face to face instruction and facilitation of students in the simulated environment. Group size maximum 20 people.
- Agricultural Chemical Skill Set 22 – 23 November 2022 (2 days) (Transport, Store, Prepare and Apply Chemicals)
- Traffic Control 28 November – 1 December 2022 (4 days) (Including White Card – Safework NSW Accredited)
- Statement of Attainment in Construction 6 – 8 December 2022 (3 days) (White Card, WHS, Handle Material and Tools/Equipment)
- Statement of Attainment in Horticulture 12 – 15 December 2022 (4 days) (Apply Chemicals, Prune Shrubs/Small Trees, Treat Weeds, Operate Machinery and Equipment)
- This training is subsidised by the NSW Government subject to eligibility. Bring along 100 points of ID and your Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
Boost your skills this summer.
This summer is expected to be an absolute bumper. Many employers will need summer staff to cope with the huge demand of jobs across a variety of industries.
This is why the NSW Government is offering fee-free, industry aligned short course for young people aged 17 to 24 wanting to learn new skills.
TME has the following free short courses available from industries where there are plenty of jobs available such as construction and horticulture & landscape under the NSW Summer skills.
Agricultural Chemical Skill Set
22 – 23 November 2022 (2 days)
(Transport, Store, Prepare and Apply Chemicals)
Learn the key skills of chemical application and transporting chemicals. The aim of this course is to raise awareness of the potential hazards and risks associated with pesticide use and to provide practical information with regards to safe chemical handling and application. In addition, this course introduces pesticide users to the principles of calibration. Participants will be expected to calibrate a piece of handheld equipment such as a knapsack, drench gun or injectable.
Traffic Control (Including White Card)
28 November – 1 December 2022 (4 days)
All students will require appropriate PPE
This course will provide the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform traffic control competently while giving full consideration to their safety, the safety of their coworkers and the safety of the public. Addressing the skills and knowledge for those responsible for stopping and starting traffic in temporary traffic management, this program is a good entry point for those wishing to establish themselves into the traffic control/management industry.
Statement of Attainment in Construction
6 – 8 December 2022 (3 days)
(White Card, WHS, Handle Material and Tools/Equipment)
Are you looking to get into the construction industry? Graduates of this course will develop and display a range of skills to effectively enter the construction industry. With the skills, knowledge and white card you receive you will be able to enter the construction job you are looking to undertake.
Statement of Attainment in Horticulture
12 – 15 December 2022 (4 days)
(Apply Chemicals, Prune Shrubs/Small Trees, Treat Weeds, Operate Machinery and Equipment)
This Program will focus on giving participants a basic understanding of knowledge and skills in Horticulture techniques to better prepare you for possible employment in Parks and Gardens or Landscape Construction.
Ready to get started?
or If you’d like to discuss your unique needs or find out how we can help you to enrol the program and receive the subsidy hassle-free, get in touch with our team on 0400 668 303 now!
or fill your EOI now
Or Call Us Now 0400 668 303