JobTrainer program for Victorians – Free or Low Fee Training
Looking to take advantage of the Victorian government’s Training Subsidy to accelerate skill development?
TME can help with training for eligible participants at NO cost or LOW Cost.
Eligibility Requirements for the VIC training subsidy
What is JobTrainer?
A $260 million fund for young and unemployed Victorians impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
The JobTrainer initiative (JobTrainer) is a joint funding provided by the Commonwealth and Victorian government for young people and job seekers. It complements the existing subsidised training available under Skills First and other initiatives to support Victoria’s economic recovery, such as free infection control training
TME can provide courses under the JobTrainer program in areas such as building and construction, horticulture, logistics, local government, WHS and manufacturing.
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or asylum seeker; and
- 17 to 24 years old when the course starts; or
- a job seeker of any age; and
- must not have commenced a full qualification under JobTrainer before.
With certificate, drivers licence, passport, etc.
If a student is over 24 and a job seeker the following evidence of their job seeker status are acceptable:
• a current and valid Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran’s Gold Card
• a separation certificate from their employer
• a letter from their employer or company receiver stating that they have been made, or will be made, redundant or retrenched.
The Normal Skills First eligibility criteria apply to JobTrainer but with two exceptions
- No Upskilling Requirement
- No “two at level in a lifetime” limit
No. Apprentices and School-Based Apprentices are not eligible for JobTrainer.
♦ Any 17 to 24-year-old (non-School-Based) is eligible regardless of their employment status when they signed their training contract.
♦ Anyone over 24-years old is eligible only if they
- hold a current and valid Commonwealth Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran’s Gold Card
- were unemployed at the commencement date of their training contract; or
- became employed within 31 days before the commencement date of their training contract.
FAQ For Victorian JobTrainer program
Q: Who can offer JobTrainer courses?
A:JobTrainer courses can only be delivered by Skills First-contracted training providers, such as TME.
Q: When will JobTrainer start?
A: We can start enrolling students in the JobTrainer initiative NOW.
Q: Are skill sets included in JobTrainer?
A: State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training) is currently developing a list of skill sets. Complete the EOI below, we will let you know after release.
Full Qualifications available under the JobTrainer VIC – government-subsidised training
Building and Construction
CPC20220 Certificate II in Construction Pathways
Transport and Logistics
TLI30319 Certificate III in Supply Chain Operations
AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
AHC30716 Certificate III in Horticulture
CPP30316 Certificate III in Cleaning Operations
Skill Sets available under the VIC JobTrainer – TBA
Subsidised places are limited
and will go fast
JobTrainer supports a limited number of training places,
contact us to find out more.
Ready to get started?
or If you’d like to discuss your unique needs or find out how we can help you to enrol the program and receive the subsidy hassle-free, get in touch with our team on 1800 863 863 now!